Oat and Cashew Waffles
Author: Chef Peter
- Hawaiian Basic Waffle Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Heat waffle iron until it is very hot.
- Add water, Hawaiian Waffle Mix, melted butter, eggs and sugar in a blender. Blend on medium speed for approximately one minute until the dough smooth and milk
- Using a food processor or a blender, grind together the oats and cashews. Be careful not to over grind otherwise you will get a butter-like consistency. Add to the Hawaiian Waffle mix and blend.
- Pour the dough into the waffle iron. Close the Iron bake in the upright position for a minute and bake until the dough is golden brown. The amount of time will vary, depending on the waffle iron
Calories: 486 Fat: 25g Carbohydrates: 40g Sodium: 164mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 129mg