Smoked Salmon and Dill Waffles
Author: Chef Peter
- Hawaiian Basic Waffle Recipe
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces Nova Scotia-style smoked salmon
- 1 medium onion (peeled and finely diced)
- ¼ cup snipped fresh dill
- Softened cream cheese and finely chopped scallions or sour cream and salmon caviar for topping.
- Preheat your waffle iron. If you want to hold the finished waffles until serving time, preheat your oven to 200F.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Heat waffle iron until it is very hot.
- Add water, Hawaiian Waffle Mix, melted butter, eggs and sugar in a blender. Blend on medium speed for approximately one minute until the dough smooth and milk. Fold in the salmon, onion, dill and melted butter.
- Lightly butter or spray the grids of your iron, if needed. Brush or spray the grids again only if subsequent waffles stick.
- Spoon out ½ cup of batter (or the amount recommended by your waffle maker's manufacturer) onto the hot iron. Spread the batter evenly over the grids with a metal spatula or wooden spoon, stopping right before the edge. Close the lid and bake until golden and crisp. Serve immediately or keep the waffles, in a single layer, on a rack in the preheated oven while you make the rest of the batch.
- To serve: Add a scoop of cream cheese and a sprinkling of chopped scallions or a generous spoonful of sour cream and some salmon caviar.
Calories: 130 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 5g Sodium: 202mg Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 69mg