Brazilian Tapioca Cheese Buns
Author: Chef Peter
- 2 ounces water
- 2 ounces milk
- 8 ounces Hawaiian Waffle
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 pieces eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a couple of baking sheets or muffin pan.
- Place the butter, water, milk, and salt in a saucepan, and bring to a
- Place 2 cups of tapioca flour into a mixing bowl of a food processor l.
- Pour the boiling butter mixture over the tapioca flour, beating to combine. Beat at high speed till the mixture becomes smooth and elastic-looking; this will happen very quickly.
- Beat the garlic and cheese into the dough till well combined.
- Permit couple of minutes to cool down.
- With the mixer going, gradually dribble in the beaten eggs, beating till well combined and smooth.
- Drop the mixture in 2-tablespoon balls (about the size of a golf ball) onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes, or until they're beginning to color a bit. Remove them from the oven, and serve hot.
- Yield: 18 to 20 buns.
Calories: 1318 Fat: 37g Carbohydrates: 66g Sodium: 6550mg Protein: 58g Cholesterol: 499mg