Author: Chef Peter
- Hawaiian Basic Waffle Recipe
TACO MEAT SAUCE:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup sour cream
- sliced ripe olives
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Heat waffle iron until it is very hot.
- Add water, Hawaiian Waffle Mix, melted butter, eggs and sugar in a blender. Blend on medium speed for approximately one minute until the dough smooth and milk
- MEAT SAUCE: Prepare taco seasoning mix according to package directions. Place ¼ cup sauce on each waffle. Add toppings.
- TOPPINGS: On each waffle, top meat sauce with 2 tablespoons cheese, ¼ cup lettuce and 2 tablespoons tomato. Garnish with 1 tablespoon sour cream and olives. Serve immediately.
Calories: 719 Fat: 50g Carbohydrates: 17g Sodium: 981mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 34g Cholesterol: 257mg