Author: Chef Peter
- 1½ cups Guacamole (recipe below)
oil (for frying)
- 20 Tapioca Tortilla (¥see note*)
- ¼ pound chorizo
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 cup canned or homemade refried beans (heated)
- 2 large tomatoes (3/4 lb) (diced)
finely shredded lettuce
grated Parmesan cheese
sliced pickled jalapeno chiles (if desired)
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare guacamole; set aside. Pour oil 1 to 2 inches deep in a medium saucepan.
- Heat oil to 365º.
- Drain on paper towels. Remove casing from chorizo. Fry in a large skillet until browned and crumbly. Push to one side and add beef. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly. Mix meats in skillet. Spread each cooked tortilla with about 2 teaspoons refried beans, then about 1 tablespoon meat mixture.
- Add a few pieces of tomato, a layer of lettuce and a mound of guacamole. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Garnish with a jalapeno chile slice, if desired. Place a small piece of tomato in center.
Calories: 125 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 4g Sodium: 156mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 15mg