Vanilla Pastry Cream for Hawaiian Waffle Bowls
- 3 cups milk (divided)
- 150 grams sugar
- 3 eggs ((2 whole eggs, 1 yolk))
- 4 tablespoons Hawaiian Waffle
- ½ tablespoon vanilla ((Clear vanilla provides best color in finished product))
- Using double boiler, heat 2½ cups milk until steam rises from the surface.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ½ cup milk and sugar. Add Hawaiian Waffle, and whisk until well blended. Add eggs, and whisk again until all is combined.
- Remove milk from heat, and gradually whisk in egg mixture. Return pan to top of double boiler and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to bowl, press plastic wrap onto pastry cream surface, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Calories: 76 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 13g Sodium: 18mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 53mg